Friday, April 6, 2007

Making a CD: An experimental piano studio Christmas present

The situation: The store where I teach (Young America Music) has been doing construction for some time - adding on a new building - so we were not able to have a fall recital there. My schedule was so full I was not able to schedule a recital somewhere else, so I decided an experiment to give the kids something to work towards, and they would have something of their own to give to their parents: A CD of themselves playing.


Following episodes will detail the equipment I have available, what skill sets were required, other ways to accomplish the same thing, decisions that had to be made in the process, and the results.


It was an interesting process - probably made more complicated than necessary because I'm fairly picky - but the end results were fairly satisfactory. Tune in as the story unfolds!


You can set your RSS reader to subscribe to this blog, or add your email address in the feedblitz box over there on the side. You'll get an email when this blog is updated!